Mission Statement: To honor God and Romeo High School graduating seniors by privately sponsoring a Christian baccalaureate service so that seniors can receive prayer and a blessing as they prepare to go out into the world.
The Romeo Baccalaureate Committee is a ministry of Romeo United Methodist Church. However, the committee is responsible for raising most of its own funding and is comprised of members from other Romeo area churches as well.
Because the Romeo Baccalaureate Committee is a Christian ministry, members of the committee and baccalaureate service participants must conduct themselves according to Christian principles and follow the Romeo Baccalaureate Committee guidelines.
1) First and foremost, the Romeo Baccalaureate Committee will seek to honor God in every aspect of sponsoring the baccalaureate service for Romeo High School seniors. Members of the Romeo Baccalaureate Committee are expected to conduct themselves in a Christ-like manner, with honesty, integrity, and uprightness while acting as representatives of the committee.
2) The Romeo Baccalaureate Committee will co-sponsor the Romeo High School baccalaureate service with the Romeo High School Christian Club YFC/STATIC. The YFC/STATIC members and advisor will help communicate baccalaureate information within Romeo High School, including making announcements and putting up flyers. They may also be involved in organizing and helping at the baccalaureate service and reception.
3) The Romeo Baccalaureate Committee has the sole authority for approving all participants in the baccalaureate service. The committee also has the sole authority to remove any person or group from participating in the baccalaureate service.
4) All guest pastors/speakers involved in the baccalaureate service must:
*Be active, confessing Christians.
*Have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior.
*Believe that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living.
*Be a Christian role model (Luke 6:40) in attitude, speech and actions toward others. This includes being committed to God's Biblical standards for moral conduct.
5) The Romeo Baccalaureate Committee has the sole authority for approving all potential pastors/speakers for the service. Guest pastors/speakers will be required to present the message topic to the committee at least ten days prior to the service and must be available to answer any questions or provide a message summary.
6) All Romeo High School students who are involved in the baccalaureate service must be contacted prior to baccalaureate by at least one member of the Romeo Baccalaureate Committee. All songs, testimonies, prayers, performances, presentations, or videos must be reviewed and approved by the committee prior to the service.
7) Monetary donations, gifts, and gift cards may be donated to the Romeo Baccalaureate Committee from individuals, businesses, organizations, and churches. All donations must be given free of charge without any expectation of gain, preference, or compensation to the donor.
8) The members of the Romeo Baccalaureate Committee will be responsible stewards of all monetary donations, gifts, and gift cards given to the committee from individuals, businesses, organizations, and churches. Monetary donations will be used exclusively to cover costs associated with organizing, promoting, and sponsoring the baccalaureate service and reception. All gifts and gift cards will be given away free of charge at our Romeo High School senior drawing unless otherwise specified by the donor. All Romeo Baccalaureate Committee members are volunteers and do not receive a salary.